I get almost the same pleasure out of planning and then recollecting our yearly sojourns to Isla Mujeres as I do actually being on the Island. We started researching where we would all stay in 2017 back in 2016 when we were still on the island. As you likely know, we have specific needs for our gang as we are travelling with a three year old, one year old and we require wheelchair accessibility for Daughter #1.
The lovely owner of the Xbulu-Ha Hotel has assured us that he will modify his front entrance so that #1 can zip in and out and she desires. #1 and her attendant will have a main floor room complete with an accessible shower. J & J and the girls will have a 2 room suite where a play pen can be set up for Jo Jo and the Wee One will have a futon. If the kids need closer contact with J & J their bed has a pull out trundle to accommodate the kids. We will likely designate our room for coffee, light breakfast and lunch fixings and cervesas.
In addition the hotel has a cozy guest lounge where the front desk is located equipped with microwave, toaster, blender, kitchen sink, table and chairs. They provide free wi fi, beach towels and back pack beach chairs too!
We have also booked our shuttle service through AGI. I have utilized the services of AGI since I first started travelling to the island in 2005. Since then they have continued with each year to expand their offerings and now have many more offerings including VIP DTD (door to door) Service:
- Meet & greet at the CUN airport,
- Transportation to the ferry dock on our A/C Mercedes Benz Sprinters
- R/T boarding passes for the ferry to Isla Mujeres
- Assistance in Isla Mujeres by our AGI Tours staff
- R/T transportation to your hotel/villa/house in Isla Mujeres on local A/C taxis
- For the return leg we will pick you up at the villa and bring you all the way to the airport using the same logistics than on your arrival
- For groups of 10 or more we can afford to bring you all the way to Isla on the car ferry (given the situation that your flight matches with the ferry itinerary, of course).
AGI’s vehicles are always spotlessly clean and air conditioned. Their drivers are polite and courteous. I highly recommend them.
Counting the sleeps!
Kath’s quote: “The traveler sees what he sees, the tourist sees what he has come to see.” – G.K. Chesterton
Love never fails.